RCC Admissions Workshop
Roxbury Community College Gateway to College Admissions Workshops consist of a comprehensive set of topics designed to help students navigate the college application process from start to finish. These topics will give students a more in-depth knowledge of the college admissions process. As well as knowledge on what college admissions counselors are looking for in their applicants. This hour workshop also covers the community college experience as a whole and discusses strategies for applying to college. Special emphasis is given to low income students of color.
The workshop covers:
- How to approach the college admissions process.
- How to pick the right colleges to apply to.
- How to make sure you get good recommendations from your teachers.
- How to pick a college major and factors you should consider in this process.
- How to prepare for a high school to college transition
- How to make sure you’re financially prepared to attend college.
We are confident that these topics will give students a strong understanding of what they will need to be successful in higher education.